Crisp Saudi Driving License
Today I received from our Government Affairs Department my fresh and crisp Saudi driving license. I got it easy as it is actually only renewal (I have my old license to expire mid-May 2009). Unlike the previous issue that is bit big and printed on a thick paper, the new license is now the size of an ATM card with lots of security features. The picture on the license was taken from the photo grab at the airport when I arrived in Saudi Arabia last year (wherein our fingerprints were also captured).
1. Our liaison officer filled-up required government forms for license renewal application and attached corresponding company letters/documents at the office (was filed on a standard green hanging folder).
2. We proceed to ‘Dallah’ (driving license application / renewal office), I paid SR 430 renewal fee (I paid thru my electron visa card) and was issued a receipt.
3. I was sent for ‘medical check-up’, wherein I was “tasked” to donate 450ml of my blood. Vision check was also performed.
4. After which our liaison officer brought our documents to another ‘window’ for traffic violation verification (a computer print-out was released declaring negative).
5. Our files were submitted to another ‘window’ for filing pending release.
6. Today, I collected the crisp driving license as our office.
My license is valid for 10 years (unlike before that validity is only 5 years).